Monday, November 3, 2008

Leo as Romeo


Leo
Originally uploaded by the_smiling_frog
This is Leo as Romeo. Leo is quite the Renaissance man.
It took me 5 hours to make that horrid fully lined coat. The shirt wasn't as bad, but was way to big around the neck, so was the coat. Leo has to wear a big size because he's long, but he's very skinny.

Have to make him some more t-shirts for winter and a few sweatshirts. Took me a while to perfect a pattern for him.

He didn't feel so good on Halloween though on account of having a rabies shot in the morning. No more shots for 3 years though, yay! He's happy I've decided on no vaccines except rabies, but doesn't think it's fair the cats don't get any shots at all.

6 comments:

idreamicanfly said...

I just get titers on my dogs each year, instead of vaccinating them. A titer is when the vet runs a blood test to see if they're still immune. Haven't had to vaccinate either of mine in about 6 years (since I started titers). It's amazing how long the immunity lasts!

The Smiling Frog said...

I wish I could do that, but Maine law states a dog must have a rabies shot and be licensed (it also says cats must, but mine aren't). Which I would ignore, but I take Leo out into public a lot. He doesn't need another for 3 years. The holistic vet didn't give him Distemper or Parvo since he doesn't think he ever needs it again, but he put on his paper that he was vaccinated.

Leo gets a lyme titer this month. He has lyme disease and was treated, hopefully he has a low antibody count now.

My last dog, Gunny, died of cancer. I learned a lot the hard way. I learned a lot about food, vaccines and all of the things vets say are good for our dogs that aren't. Now all of my animals go to the holistic vet.

Stela said...

looks soooo good!!!

The Smiling Frog said...

Thank you and he thanks you!

aliceinparis said...

That is such a fancy coat. I bet he struts around in his blue finery! Great idea:))

The Smiling Frog said...

He does like to show off, but he didn't feel so good that day. He's waiting for another occasion to wear his coat :)