Thursday, August 9, 2007

Gunny Update

Gunny went to the oncologist Tuesday, it wasn't all good news. Monday night as I was bathing him I felt a lump in his groin. He had two fatty cysts removed from there before. I was hoping that's what it was, but I had a bad feeling about it.

Anyway I told the doctor. She said it's his lymph node and the one above it was also enlarged. These are the two that were about the one he had removed a few months ago. The surgeon said the one about it was slightly enlarged, but hard to get at.

The oncologist said good news is he's in perfect health other than that. His heart sounds good, chest x-rays are clear, blood work is excellent. She took an aspiration of the lymph node and we should have the results today. If it is cancer we have options and plenty of time to try a few. So
I am trying not to panic. I believe this month makes 6 months since diagnosis.

I have to get him to the holistic vet, but I just don't have the money to do it. The last resort in treatment is radiation. He would have to have it 5 days a week for 3 weeks and he'd have to have it done in Massachusetts. I'd have to take him there, that would be hard on all of us and more money than we have.

I'll do what I have to do though to keep my little boy here. So please I am begging you all to look at our Etsy shop and web site and buy something!

No comments: